Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vintage Christmas in July

Christmas is less than five months away. The weather is in the 90's. What better time to celebrate Christmas than in July. I love the vintage look and Santa here is a fabulous vintage image. Santa is from Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods.
To create my card, I first stamped Santa in sepia. I then finished the image with the vintage art technique from the current TJ newsletter. After the ink was dry I used some of the snowflake stamps from the set and stamped them over the image using fairy dust CI paint. I love the effect of the shimmery snowflakes over the image. I then cut out the frame using a Spellbinders die. One thing about many of their dies is the ability to stencil using the die. I used evergreen CI paint to stencil the embellishment on the frame. Again, a bit of shimmer really adds richness to the frame. The jingle bells were made using a punch and then covered with gold glass beads.
I hope everyone has a merry Christmas in July!
Barbara Washington

6 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Awesome Barbara, I love the way you made the snowflakes look.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an awesome Christmas card. Your green really pops against the red.

~ Kendra ~ said...

beautiful vintage card Barbara!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card, Barbara! Love the vintage image. Hugs, Sarah

Kassi said...

I love the vintage look! I also love how subtle yet effective the snowflakes are!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous card Barbara!
Love all the shimmer!
Love from France, Kianel.