Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Poinsettia Christmas Card






I can't believe it, but as I sit here typing, there is an early winter storm on it's way to Eastern Canada, with 30cm of snow in store fo us! For those of you south of the border... that's a foot! (and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!)





The prospect of snowmen on lawns and the clickety click of studded snow tires has completely put me in Christmas mode, and I've been making headway on my Christmas cards.





This is one of those cards! There is barely a square inch of it not covered in CI Paints! And would you believe those Prima poinsettias started out white, with bright green foliage?





Here's a close-up, check out the shine on those flowers:!






And, here are the colors I used to achieve the look. Left to Right; Burgundy, Garnet, Sunshine, Fairy Dust, Caramel and Emerald.







Hope this inspires you to get a card or two done, and for all my American friends, have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Sandie said...

This is so pretty, cannot wait to play with the paint when it arrives...

Creative Inspirations said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Dawnll said...

I love the shine! What a beauty

~ Kendra ~ said...

What beautiful card! Love the shimmer!

Kassi said...

I love those flowers! great job!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and sparkly - those flowers almost glow!

BarbaraW said...

Lovely card. Love how the flowers turned out.

Kianel said...

Carla this card is stunning and i just loooove your background!
Love from France, Kianel.

Holly said...

Oh my, what a beautiful Christmas card! Love the shimmery flowers!