Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Butterflies and Beauty

This week's card started as a bit of an experiment. I used the Cheery Lynn French lattice large die and cut the design from a sheet of two sided adhesive. I adhered the die cut adhesive to the aqua cardstock and removed the top cover sheet. I covered the adhesive with CI Resplendence (glitter) angel dust. The result was a beautiful, sparkly design on the background paper. Then I stamped my image from Great Impressions on white cardstock. I painted the image with CI paints: spring green, emerald, turquoise, ivory, caramel, burnt sienna, coal, peach, and canary. I die cut the image using a Spellbinder's die (Label 23) and cut a corresponding layering panel which I highlighted with peach CI paint to add shimmer. The flower was die cut (Cheery Lynn miniature rose die) using crepe paper layers with canary CI paint highlights. The butterflies (Cheery Lynn dies) were cut using yellow and orange cardstock. I then used canary and peach CI paints for highlight and shimmer. I love how this card turned out with all the shimmer and sparkle.

5 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such a pretty shimmery trellis background!

Creative Inspirations said...

Very pretty Barbara.

Anita said...

This is beautiful Barbara.

jessica said...

beautiful job Barbara!!

Kianel said...

Wow Barbara, great card! Love the sparkly background you created!
Love, Kianel.