Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Snowflakes in July

I'm sure by the title you probably thought I was insane!

But can you believe it is the middle of July already?  In a few more months it will be Christmas!

I hope we never see snowflakes in July, but it is fun to use them crafting in July, especially when it is so hot outside!

I've been trying to start by Christmas cards early again this year!

So here is one of the first I made this year:
I used the resist technique to create the bottom piece of paper.

Here's a look at the process:
I first took a piece of watercolor paper and stamped my snowflake image with VersaMark and then embossed with CI Deliquesce Fine White Embossing Powder!  I then used a paint brushed dipped in water and then in the cover of my two paint choices I used; Denium and Turquoise.  I painted the two colors on the paper until I got a background I liked.  I then lightly took a piece of towel and wiped of the excess on the snowflake images.  

A piece of the finished paper:

And lastly a close-up of one of the snowflake dies I used:
I used Winter Frost to add shimmer to them!!

Have a great day!

Kendra



8 comments:

jessica said...

this is gorgeous!! Love the fun technique!!

Karon said...

Such a beautiful card and fabulous technique. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Sandie said...

Thanks for the Christmas reminder... lol.. gorgeous card, and love the embossed snow-flakes!

Sarah said...

Kendra, gorgeous background! Love the technique. Hugs

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wonderful technique with the paints. TFS.

Anita said...

Wow Kendra, this is gorgeous. I need to play around with that technique - love your results.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oooo, love the emboss resist snowflakes, Kendra! Bet this really shimmers.

Kianel said...

Amazing Background Kendra, love that blue color!
Beautiful card!
Love, Kianel.