Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Soar with CI Paints

It has been a bit since I have played in my studio. The last few projects I have made have all been made while away from my home. It was nice to actually play in my own studio and let my creativity soar. While putting away the remaining supplies from my art supply bag I had a perfect idea for my post today using Creative Inspirations Paints. 

I wanted to incorporate my Gelli Plate and the CI Paints on a canvas. This was the first time I used my Gelli Plate and a canvas. I was a bit unsure if it would work, especially since I only have gallery wrapped canvases in my home. So they are deeper which I thought would make it tough getting the design from the Gelli Plate onto the canvas. However, it was MUCH easier than I thought. 

Here is the final product: 

I used my Gelli Plate with Rose Quartz, Turquoise, Green Olive and Lavender paints to make the background. The stencil I used is one of my favorites by Crafters Workshop. It is nothing but swirls, which are so fun to me. 

The paints mixed together for a kind of tie dye effect, but you can still see the individual colors. 

Close up of the paints behind the words... 


A little side view... 

And because I used the Gelli Plate with the paints, I had extra paint on my plate and stencil... so I used some heavyweight white cardstock to remove the remaining CI Paint from them. 

Here is one of the images I got... 

I'm thinking this will make a great background for a card... or tag. Or heck, even a layout! 

As always, the paints I used today from CI Paints:






Be sure to join the Inspired By: Anything Goes Challenge going on with Diana! We love to see what you are all creating! 

Have a great day! 




3 comments:

Kassi said...

I LOVE it! aren't Gelli plates so much FUN!!!

DIANA L. said...

This is so much fun Emily great job!.
Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Kimberly S said...

Fabulous Canvas Em, and I love the extra paper you got using your plate! :)